NEWBORN SCREENING WHAT IS IT IMPORTANT FOR YOUR BABY?
Newborn screening test is a simple test that is performed on the newborn babies to check for potentially fetal or harmful diseases. Newborn screening test are generally done when the baby is 1 to 2 days old there are some special tests for these babies they are called as newborn screening. Newborn screening test checks the baby for the serious health conditions at the time of birth which includes conditions related to blood adhering vision and heart screening.
There are many conditions in which the baby can born with a healthy condition and does not show any sign and symptoms of the problem at first but it turns out to be a Severe condition, in such cases if the health condition is found early with the newborn screening it can be treated. In any of such conditions early treatment is very important because it may help to prevent more serious health problems to the baby. This test can even identify the rare disorders that can cause brain damage or even death if not treated early.
When is the newborn screening done:-
The newborn screening test return before the mother leave the hospital after birth and when the baby is 12 days old, and in cases where the baby are not born in the hospitals in the newborn screening test are done 3 to 4 days of the age.
How the newborn screening test is done:-
Generally there are three parts of the newborn screening test
1) Blood Test - most of the newborn screening are done with the blood test that is done to check the rare but serious health conditions. Blood test results usually are ready when the baby is 5 to 7 days old.
2) Hearing Test - this test is done to check the hearing loss, in this test tiny earphones are placed into the baby's ears to check ok how the baby respond to the sound, This test are generally done to examine conditions like loss of hearing.
3) Heart screening - this test is done to screen the baby for heart conditions, this is done using the pulse oximetry in this procedure the amount of oxygen is checked in the baby is blood using the pulse oximeter machine, this tests are done to determine conditions like congenital heart defects or heart block.
Which Screening Tests are offered:-
1) Metabolic problems - metabolism is the process that helps to convert the food into to the energy that the body uses to move think and grow. The process of metabolism happen in body are due to enzymes enzymes are the special protein that helps to boost the speed of the chemical reactions in cells. Most of the metabolic problems happen due to the missing enzymes,
2) Hormone problems - hormones are the chemical messengers made by glands, in any type of hormonal problem the hormone newborn screening tests are done hormone problems in the newborn screening include -
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
3) Hemoglobin problems - Hemoglobin is responsible for carrying oxygen to the body in the red blood cells some of the hemoglobin problems that are included in the newborn screening test are -
Sickle cell anaemia
Hemoglobin SC disease
We at Chaitanya Hospital, Chandigarh provide experienced Pediatrician for the treatment of children. If you are looking for the Best pediatrician in Chandigarh to treat your child, come to Chaitanya Hospital. Book an appointment now with the Baby Specialist Doctor in Chandigarh. Call now for more information +91-0172-5088088 and online visit https://chaitanyahospital.org/