QuickBooks online is an accounting software, and unlike QuickBooks desktop, it does not need any downloading or installing. Customers can use it as long as they have an internet connection. The fact that it needs no downloading makes it a little easier for starters as they don’t have to go through the task of installing which can prove to be a little hectic sometimes. Using this software isn’t like trying to solve the Rubik’s cube, it is quite simple. But for those who are only starting to get the whole idea of Information technology, it can be a little difficult. So that is why if you want any additional information or idea about this software program, you can get help from QuickBooks online customer service number and ask the team about anything that you would like to know regarding the software.
To know how to use QuickBooks you need to know what it is and what its purpose is. Like mentioned above, it is an accounting software and it is generally used by business firms and accountants. It can be broken down into these main segments- ‘Money In, Money Out, Reconciliation and Balance Sheet items’. And to understand its functionality, you can refer to the points mentioned below:
- If your clients have a way of paying you, such as net 30, then you have to enter the invoices using the ‘create invoice’ option. And after the payment has been done you need to go to ‘customers and receive payments’.
- If you work in a business that accepts payment immediately after providing service, then you can proceed in collecting the payment by using the ‘enter sales receipt’ option. Go to ‘banking’ and make the deposit to post it to your bank account.
- You can use the ‘funds transfer’ feature to track the transferred loan or line of credit.
- To get a clear idea of the transactions you can use the ‘write checks’ feature any time money leaves the account. In place of the check number, you can write ‘debit’ and ‘BP’ for bill pay.
- Use the ‘credit card charge’ option to enter credit card charges. And to pay the bill, write the check and post it to the credit card account in QuickBooks.
- If you are the sole proprietor, whenever you take out the company’s money, you need to post it against an equity account entitled ‘owner’s draw’.
More Info :- How to fix QuickBooks online invoice number issue
These instructions can guide you while trying to operate QuickBooks online for the first time. If you confront any technical glitches or errors that you may not know about during the process, you can get in touch with QuickBooks online technical support number.