TurboTax is one of the most trending and can be counted as the best-selling tax preparation software that makes you at ease at filing the federal and state tax returns and availing the maximum benefits. By filing the tax returns electronically, the users have a chance to get the returns at a much faster rate. And whenever you are working with a tax file, the software can save all the changes and amendments done in the file automatically in the device. The software can either save the tax returns as the tax data file or in the format of PDF. Both versions are different. As you must be knowing that you cannot edit the PDF files. With tax data files the scene is little different. You must first understand that what all features a tax data file beholds. Even though the files are automatically saved in the device, but one should always be extra careful. So it is advised to create a backup copy of the tax files in TurboTax software in case the original one gets damaged or lost or deleted. As discussed, you must first go through the features of a tax data file and then you can read about the procedure to create a backup. And if there occurs an error which you cannot deal with then TurboTax customer support is always available for you.
Tax date file in TurboTax
- It can be edited and even transferred from one computer to another
• The file gets automatically saved in your computer. But this works when you are using TurboTax desktop software and not TurboTax Online.
• You can access the data file 24X7.
• The software can be opened with a TurboTax CD.
There are many other features and benefits of tax data files but a few shortcomings too. That can be discussed later. As discussed, backup files or a copy of tax data documents is really crucial and especially when you are dealing with finances. You can have a look at the steps given below and execute it accordingly.
- Open the TurboTax software and navigate to the File menu situated at the upper left corner
• Depending on the Operating system, choose Save As for Windows and Save for Mac
• No, go the place where you intend to save the backup
• In that place and in the file name, type a name that is different from the original file so that it becomes easy for you to differentiate between the two.
• After that click on save and close the application
• Now again open the application and have a look at the backup file that was created and look for any errors. If there are, then delete the file and repeat all the steps again.
• Also, verify that both original and backup copy is in sync.
These steps will surely help you to create a backup of the original TurboTax data file. Sometimes you can face multiple errors while performing the steps. This can be due to some software issues. If you feel that you can resolve the error on your own then you must look out for troubleshooting steps or can directly get in touch with TurboTax support phone number and avail their help. The number can be dialed at any hour of the day irrespective of time and place.