Now TV is a fantastic media streaming platform. However, the downside to it is that it lacks a web interface. To watch Now TV on a computer, one needs to download the app.
This is slightly inconvenient because other streaming platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime can be accessed from the web browser. However, once you set the app on your Windows PC, you will be able to enjoy your Now TV experience smoothly.
How to install the Now TV app on Windows
- To start with, for watching Now TV, you need to get its subscription.
- Check the plan you want to buy or get a free trial.
- Once you have signed up, you can access Now TV on your Android and iOS devices, etc.
- Now TV does not allow users to stream videos via web browsers. At the same time, users can browse the website to check the content available on the platform.
- When you visit the website and attempt to play a video, a pop-up will appear.
- Click on the Download button. Or else, head to the Windows Store and download the app.
- When the Download is over, find the downloaded file and double-click on it.
- The installation shall start immediately.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and set up the app.
- After that, head back to the web browser and open the show or movie you want to watch on the website.
- Click on the selected item and a pop-up will appear.
- Confirm that the Now TV app is installed on your device and hit the Start Watching button.
- Allow Now TV to detect the player. If it does not, then click on I already have this.
- Note: When you attempt to watch something on Now TV for the first time, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you wish to launch the Now TV Player application. Check the box in case you do not wish to get the confirmation prompt again.
- After this, Windows will ask you if you wish to open the app. To give confirmation, click on Open.
- Now, the Now TV Player app will open, and the content will start playing.
You should bear in mind that whenever you plan on watching movies or shows on Now TV, you will have to access the website first. Since the Now TV application for Windows is essentially a media player, it does not allow the users to browse the library. For this reason, whenever the users want to play something, they must go to the website and select what they wish to watch. Clicking on the Play button will automatically launch the Player app. In case it does not, then click on I already have this in the download prompt.