Import and export mail and other data with AOL Desktop Gold
It has been seen that the need to import and export mail and other data with AOL Desktop Gold has significantly grown. There have been several queries which have come up in regard to this aspect. Most often it has been seen that when the user aol gold download on a new system, they come across this requirement to transfer their data from their old system to the new one. The most efficient way to undertake this process has been explained in this blog. Through this blog, you would be able to import and export mail and personal data to another computer, from a previous version of Desktop Gold and even from a PFC file. The things that you must keep in mind and the steps that you must strictly follow has been stated below for your convenience.
Process of Importing mail and personal data to another computer
You can easily import and export your personal data to a file that can be easily transferred to another system. Personal data may include anything from emails, favorites, address book, and even settings. The steps to be followed are:
- You would have to sign into aol desktop reinstall
- Further click on the settings icon
- In the general settings, select the option of ‘My data Tab’
- Now choose the option of Import or Export
- Then select the file you want to import or export
- If you wish to export, then you would have to create a password. You would have to present this password while importing this information onto another computer.
- Once you have imported your personal data, you would then have access to it in AOL Desktop Gold.
May Also Read -: Aol Desktop update
Process of Importing mail and data from a previous version of Desktop Gold
When you use the Import Wizard, it would look for older installation of Desktop Gold. If found, then it would import your mail, toolbar icons, usernames, saved passwords and more. The steps for this are as given below:
- Firstly sign into AOL Desktop Gold
- Then click on the ‘File’ option which is on top of the Menu bar
- The select the Import Wizard.
- You would then have to click on ‘OK’ to initiate the import process.
- In the end, click on ‘OK’ to close the confirmation Window.
Process for manually importing data from a PFC file
Using this feature you would be able to manually navigate to a PFC file which is on your computer and to import data from that file. The steps for this process are:
- Sign into AOL Desktop Gold
- Then click on the icon of Settings
- When you are in the general settings, choose the ‘My Data tab’
- Then click on PFC Import and select your file.
- Once you have imported your personal data, you would then have access to it on your Desktop Gold
If you are looking to aol desktop download on a new system, then following the above-given steps would aid you to import your files to the new system. You can follow the steps accurately which would help you successfully complete the process of importing.