A number of people share their Windows 7 printer with their Mac in their day to day life. By going through many printer sharing ways, users can support many devices for sharing an individual printer. And indirectly, utilize the budget that the user shall have spent on purchasing the printer. For instance, it can be used on buying a tablet. Let’s explore the method of sharing Windows 7 Printer with Mac using printer sharing.
Steps to use printer sharing for sharing Windows 7 printer with Mac
The method of changing the 'workgroup name' (Mac)
1. Firstly, go to System Preferences.
2. Then, press the Network symbol.
3. Press on Edit Location. You will get it from the Location dropdown menu.
4. After that, make a copy of the present active location.
5. Next, press the Advanced button.
6. Click on the WINS tab.
7. Then, go to the Workgroup area, put the same name of the workgroup that you prefer on your computer.
8. Press Ok.
9. After that, press Apply.
10. Note that your network connection would have been gone.
11. Lastly, check that after some time, your network connection would have come back that too with the newly named workgroup that you made.
The method of changing the Workgroup name of Windows 7 Computer
1. Firstly, go to the Start menu.
2. Then, do a right-click on the Computer link.
3. After that, click on the Properties from the displayed screen.
4. Next, have a look at System Information window which will get displayed, press on the Change settings link present in Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings' part.
5. Then, go through the System Properties window that gets displayed and press the Change option.
6. After that, go to the Workgroup field and put the name of a workgroup.
Note: Workgroup name should be the same as Computer and Mac.
1. Then, press OK.
2. Observe that a Status dialog box shall come in front of you titled as 'Welcome to the X workgroup,.'
Note: X represents the name of a workgroup that has been put before.
1. Press OK in the status dialog bar.
2. Note that a new status note shall get displayed. It will be titled 'You must restart the computer for changes to take effects'.
3. Press OK in the status dialog bar.
4. Press OK for closing the System Properties window.
5. Lastly, do a restart of your computer.
The method of activating Windows 7 Line Printer Daemon Protocol
1. Firstly, press on Start.
2. Then, go to Control Panels.
3. After that, click on Programs.
4. Next, go to the Program Panel. Press 'Turn Windows features on or off'.
5. After visiting the Windows Features window, press the (+) this symbol. It shall be near Print and Document Services.
6. Then, put a tick on the LPD print service option.
7. Press OK.
8. Lastly, restart the Windows 7 computer.