We are living in an advanced Internet era where Internet access is possible with multiple routes for varying kinds of devices including mobiles. It has made e-commerce thriving, growing, and flourishing.
The success of E-Commerce Depends on Several attributes and design of e-commerce storefront is one of the promising factors. However, do you know how the design of e-commerce is influencing its success in the market?
To find the exact facts, we have to rely on recent surveys on various e-commerce portals. Let’s see what works and what not.
- Nearly, 66% of e-commerce visitors leave the site when they found the delay of 10 seconds in site loading. It means site performance and loading matters.
- Similarly, visitors avoid visiting sites, which have an unattractive design. It means alluring design tempts more visitors on e-commerce.
- 68% of e-commerce visitors come from mobile devices, so it is mandatory to adopt mobile-friendly design approaches. 91% e-commerce visitors come from mobile devices are also using large computing devices. Thus, they expect a responsive web design approach that works for all sizes of screens and devices.
- When asked for the suggestions to enhance e-commerce conversion, nearly 78% of all participants have placed stress on design styles. the color combination and text fonts styling have improved the conversion rate of e-commerce by up to 17 November.
- Almost 84% of e-commerce consumers have favoured design conventions against odd experiments because they found ease in user experiences when design elements and things are as per prevailing design conventions.
Must-Have Features for Ecommerce Website
Now, the question is how to augment the design of e-commerce so online business can thrive and prosper in the fiercely competitive market. The best way is to offer out-of-box features and functionality in your e-commerce.
Before going to more advanced designs than basics, we must implement the following design conventions and features.
On The Top of the Web Page/Homepage:
- Search box
- Shopping cart, contact number, login, and wish-list icons
- Call to action (CTA) in header/slider
- Key selling points below the header/slider
The Midst of the Web Page/Homepage:
- Featured product
- Recommended products
- Shop by category
- Shop by occasions
- Rating Reviews
The Bottom of the Web Page/Homepage:
- Textual Content
- Slider for Blogs
- Newsletter sign up
The Footer of the Web Page/Homepage:
- Terms conditions
- Shipping policy
- Intellectual property rights
- Contact Us
The footer also is the place for a physical address or email address of your online shop. Also, try to include a phone number to enable quick contact. Social media logos expedited through social sharing and infective agent selling.
E-commerce Design Trends
We have seen the basic elements like placements of basic and advanced features in e-commerce site design. Apart from these, several other design trends are prevailing in the contemporary market that we cannot ignore at all. Let’s check it.
Statistic and dull UIs hardly lead to high engagement and conversation on e-commerce visitors. Therefore, by using the latest dynamic and conversational UI design technologies and techniques we can woo more visitors and obtain high ROI.
Consistency in e-commerce design eases the conventions and facilitates seamless user experiences, which matters more in e-commerce success. Therefore, unified design at the end helps in enhancements of conversion rate.
If you want to make your e-commerce store unique and outstanding to grab the attention of online visitors immediately, you must infuse experimental design layouts and elements. Search innovative design concepts and implement it, albeit after A/B testing.
Material Design Gradients:
Today, Material Design concept floated by Google is gaining ground fast in all kinds of e-commerce web-development. Material Design has awesome design elements including static and animated as well as with sumptuous design effects like shades/tints of colours, shadows, and gradients.
Material Design has rich libraries that provide everything needed to beautify the e-commerce design without intimidating user experiences at all.