Updating ESET seems the easiest process on each windows home products. But sometimes, it may show errors that can interrupt ESET updates. In this blog, I will discuss how you can troubleshoot the ESET update issues.
What is the issue?
- After receiving an automatic upgrade notification, you can not activate the ESET software.
- ESET product shows – ‘Modules update failed’ message.
Ensure that you have the latest ESET version that you may have to get from www.eset.com/ca/download site. Sometimes many of the issues resolved itself just by updating or downloading the latest version. So, it is highly recommended to update your ESET product even if it is ESET internet security or ESET smart security.
What is the Solution?
So, you have activated the latest ESET version using www.eset.com/us/activate successfully? But what if you encounter the above message like ‘Modules update failed’ or you are unable to activate new upgrades. At this moment, you can follow the instructions shown here.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the update issues –
- Visit the eset internet security home page, and ensure that your internet connection is active. Because the active and good internet connection is necessary for updating ESET.
- Open main ESET window product with next steps on different windows;
If you are using Windows 7 / Vista / XP, then go to start All Programs ESET Choose your product and click ESET.
If you are using Windows 10, then tap on Show Hidden Icons arrow showing on the taskbar. Click on the ESET icon.
If you have Windows 8 Open search or Press the Windows key, then search ESET and open in the main program window.
- Once you open ESET main window, then press the F5 key and access advanced setup.
- Next, hit ‘Update’ and expand Basic.
- Click the ‘Clean’ tab.
- Click OK, then restart the computer.
- Open the ESET main program window.
- Then, open the ‘Update’ button and click on the ‘Check for Updates’ tab on the bottom of the page.
- If you face any issue, then uninstall the product, then reinstall the ESET product.
Are you still encountering ESE upgrading issues? Or maybe another technical issue? If these issues have not resolved yet, then you can contact ESET support.
Ethan Hawke is a self-professed Digitial Marketing security expert, He Has been expertise in making people aware of the security threats. He just love to write about, cryptography, malware,Cyber security social engineering, internet. He writes for Eset Security products at eset internet security | www.eset.com/ca/download