This Modern Setup Host High CPU usage is one of the most common error and occurred while installing a Windows feature update. Whenever the system gets some major updates once in a year, this process might appear on the screen. However, it often causes some glitches and high usage of PC resources like CPU or disk. Unluckily, this issues is quite common among various users and creates lots of other problem for Windows 10, 8, and 7 users. Moreover, this Modern setup host high usage issue might affects the speed of the device and makes it running in the background and causes high usage of CPU or Disk. Although ending the process cannot work all the time, and it is one of the most common Windows 10 device issue which can be easily troubleshot by following a few simple steps which are mentioned below. Users don’t have to worry regarding the issue Modern Setup Host high CPU or disk usage as it is a fixable issue.
Furthermore, this Modern Setup Host High CPU Usage issue is a Microsoft Windows process which is liable for installing, Windows Updates, some major OS update which arises just after following some technical methods. The steps are mentioned below.
Steps to Troubleshoot Modern Setup Host High CPU Usage
Before you start the process, we suggest you perform a full system scan of the device by using the anti-malware tool, which means malicious applications or several issues with the Windows operating system. Follow some simple methods and steps which can be followed to fix this issue, which is illustrated below. But sometimes, these steps are more time-consuming and more difficult to follow, instead if you follow them in the sequence as listed below will prevent unnecessary trouble and save your precious time. Here are a few methods which are as follows:
Solution-1: Execute a Clean Boot
For troubleshooting Modern Setup Host High CPU Usage, users need to follow the steps which are as follows:
- Tap the “Windows + R” tab to launch a “Run” search box on the screen.
- In the search box, type “msconfig” and tap the “Enter” key.
- Uncheck the “Load Startup Items” box, located in the “General” tab in the “System Configuration” preferences.
- Navigate to the “Service” tab and checkmark the “Hide all Microsoft Service” box.
- After that, press the “Turn Off” button.
- Search for the “Startup” tab and press the “Open Task Manager’ option.
- Click on the “Disable” tab.
- Finally, restart the computer system to save all changes.
Solution-2: Repair Windows Update
- Navigate to the “Start” menu and click on it to open the menu list on the screen.
- Find out the “Troubleshoot” option.
- After that, tap on the “Windows Update” and “Run the Troubleshooter” option.
- Finally, resolve all the detected issues.
Solution-3: Execute the SetupHost.exe Process or the Modern Setup Host
- Firstly, launch the “Task Manager” by pressing the task manager window on the screen.
- Search out the “setuphost.exe or Modern Setup.”
- After that, tap on the “End Task” option and finish the process.
Related article :
Kellie minton arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at norton.com/setup.