QuickBooks software offers you with this amazing utility specification that is called QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM). It permits you to establish the QuickBooks application for multiple different individuals. It is useful when you want to ensure that you make the optimum use of the QuickBooks application for Desktop. You need to update, install, and set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the device or laptop for the maximum utilization of the file performance and desktop application on the network.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager produces Network Data files which are stored on the device.
Troubleshooting Steps to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:-
- Locate the installer of QuickBooks on the host device, and have a double-click on it, and after that open the installation wizard.
- If the host device the network access can easily download an update and click on the option of Next
- In case your device has no internet connection, click on the option which says No and also click on the option of the Next button.
- Now, close the other software which is running in the background and click on Next option.
- Agree and Read all the Software License Agreement.
- After that click on the option of Next.
- Go to the option of Custom or Network Options and select the type of installation which you want to process.
- Now, Choose the option which says Yes, allow access.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the software.
- Setup the QuickBooks Database Server Manager after the successful installation of the software.
Steps to update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:-
- Update and download the QuickBooks Desktop application to the latest release.
- After you are done with the installation of the QuickBooks desktop software, it is highly recommended to restart the device or the server.
- After updating the device or the server, a message will display which reads the files of the company and requires to be updated.
- Follow all the popups and after you are done taking the backup file, you should be able to open the files respectively.
Steps to setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager:-
- Open the QDBMS and scan the files or folders which you want to configure for the multi-user access.
- In order to add the new company files to the server, use Monitored Drives Feature and keep the QuickBooks Database Server Manager up to date.
- Scan the organization files on the server to ensure that the files are configured properly to give them access to the multiple different individuals.
- Ensure that the files of the company are connected to the database server and individuals are logged in to the company files.
- In case you want to make some change to the status of the service, use the Service Admin Tool and configure the management service.
- Now, also use the Updates feature and download the latest updates to the QuickBooks database management Server.
Steps are described above how you update, install, and set up the QuickBooks desktop application. In case you face any issue, feel free to contact QuickBooks Support at any time. Our experts are available 24*7 for the help of the individuals.
Source : https://accountingsupportservices.com/blog/steps-to-update-install-and-setup-the-quickbooks-database-server-manager/