It seems nowadays that if you don't know what Bollywood is, you've been living under the rock. The spectacular movie industry in India that produces over 200 movies in a year, started it all back in time in 1930. The name of this movie industry is cleverly combined of two words - Bombay, that is an old name for Mumbai and the other word that is a name for the American movie industry in California - Hollywood. Forward to this day, Bollywood is full of well-kept secrets, gossip as well as glamour and celebrities. Where you can find celebrities and gossip, you can find some mind-blowing facts that will make you think twice about the information you thought you actually knew. You can also get Bollywood breaking news today in Hindi. Hindi news is very trendy nowadays in India.
- Amir Khan's "Laagan" is a movie with the biggest number of British actors in a single movie.
This movie saw the light of the world back in 2001 and was released internationally under the name "Lagaan: Once upon a time in India". It presents a historical sports drama movie that was produced by Amir Khan that also played as a supporting role.
- In the movie "Heroine" that was released not so long ago in 2012, main actress Kareena Kapoor playing Mahi Arora changed and wore over 130 different designer dresses from all over the world. It has been said that Kareena’s wardrobe in this movie is one of the most expensive in the history of Bollywood movies.
- "Rockstar", Indian musical romantic drama, is a movie released in 2011 with the interesting way of filming and making the movie. Namely, the movie was filmed in reverse and the first part that was filmed was the climax scene. If you are wondering why - producers didn't want to ruin Ranbir's Kapoor hairstyle.
- Devika Rani was an actress active during the 1930s and 1940s and is known as the first lady of Indian cinema. She is considered to be the first actress in this industry whit a degree in film-making. Around the 1930s both Devika and her husband went to Germany and received training in film-making at UFA studios.
- One of the most successful Bollywood movies 01 2000, "Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai", holds one more record. This romantic drama thriller movie was added to a Guinness Book of World Records for winning such an amazing number of awards.
- Kalki Koechlin is an Indian-born French actress who still lives and works in India. It is considered that her great-grandfather was the chief engineer for the construction of the Eiffel Tower in Paris as well as the for the construction of the Statue of Liberty that is situated in New York.
- With one of the lowest prices for cinema tickets, Indians buy around 2,7 billion tickets annually. Because of such low prices, they still don't make even a fraction of the Hollywood income.
- The first movie ever produced and made in India was a "The wrestlers" that was filmed back in 1899, but the first Indian-produced film was a "Raja Harishchandra" released in 1913.
Bollywood is a place where different dreams, ideas, and scripts come to life and with that also lots of hidden secrets and facts. If you want to know Bollywood gossip in Hindi latest then you can read all useful blogs on my website.