Siri, Apples own personal voice assistance for iOS, macOS, and watchOS, is a beneficial and occasionally funny feature. Siri is like your own genie. Ask her anything, and she will do it for you. From placing calls to setting reminders, playing songs to telling jokes, there is a lot you can do with Siri. But, you need to set up Siri in order to use it. Lets go through the process of setting up this fantastic voice assistant on your iPhone.
Setting up Siri on iPhone
- Connect your iPhone to the internet. A wireless network is preferred. If using cellular data, make sure that the connection is stable. To enjoy all the perks of Siri, your iPhone must have an internet connection.
- Just tap on the Settings icon on your iPhone. It resembles grey gears.
- Locate the option called Siri and Search. Tap on it.
- In the following screen, you need to enable Siri. Tap on the slider next to Press Home for Siri.
- The slider will turn green when Siri gets enabled.
- Now, you will be asked to confirm whether you want to Enable Siri. Siri will be sending data such as voice input, contacts and location details to the manufacturer for processing your requests.
- Tap on the Enable Siri option in the confirmation screen.
How to Activate Hey Siri?
Activating Hey Siri means that you will be able to open Siri by merely saying the phrase Hey Siri. This way, you wont have to tap on its icon to open it. Heres how you can activate this feature:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down to Siri and Search and touch the option.
- To activate Hey Siri, touch the slider next to Listen for Hey Siri.
- Make sure that it turns green.
- When the prompt appears, touch the Continue button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- When the prompt appears, touch the Done button.
Enabling Siri on the iPhones Lock Screen
You can use Siri without having to go through the hassle of unlocking your phones screen. To do so, just go to Settings and tap on Siri and Search. After that, toggle the switch next to Allow Siri When Locked to On position.